Monday, May 21, 2012

Pizza Day

48 Hours in Fridge & 2 Hours @ Room Temp
Pizza day!  The dough was really good.  I'm very happy with the results.  I would've liked more bubbles to rise in the oven, but all in all the flavor was good, a balance of sour & yeasty, and the crumb texture was great.  I do think I like the results of a 24 hour bulk fermentation with 3 days in the ball stage, it gives it longer for the yeast to develop in the balls.  That's what causes bigger bubbles to form in the oven that crisp up and char,  giving it that beautiful leoparding. 

So Chef Douglas and his wife came over tonight.  We had a lovely evening cooking together.  Cooking and eating together is a great way to get to know someone!  But once again, in the excitement and focus of cooking I didn't get a chance to take many photos.  I've got to get better at that!  We braised some artichokes, made a salad from my first crop of spring greens and radicchio & sausage from Jane's farm raised pig.  By the time we got to the pizza we were so full we only made 3 pizzas and even then there was lots left over!  Margherita, tomato sauce with the sausage, fresh garden chard, pickled red onions, black olives, mozz, & grana, and roasted eggplant, sausage, castelvetrano olives, calabrian chilies, mozz & grana. 

I'm looking forward to working with Chef Douglas, I like the way he thinks about food, he's spontaneous, fastidiously clean, thoughtful and completely in love with his wife!  I like that.  I'm confident he'll be able to head up the kitchen at Pizzalina!

Now if we could just get our go ahead from the Health Department, we'd be one step closer to being open!

Bring it on.....




No comments:

Post a Comment