Monday, May 28, 2012

Health Department

I think I need a Pizzalina license plate and a cute little car like that for delivery!  So I'm thinking, what other cute little retro cars might have the same affect?  Any ideas......

This week was frustrating!  It seems I was working at a lot of little details with nothing to show.  Biding time, research, appointments, awaiting word from the Health Department.  Checking the mail everyday.  I really expected to get a go ahead within the week!  Hahaha.... the letter came last Friday, two weeks from our resubmittal.....

First of all, why can't they email like everyone else? 

No stamp of approval.  It's taken me days to cool out and not be pissed off about it.  I really feel like a rant session.  So they had three more points to revise.  Actually two were the same, it seems someone on my team was trying to push something through that's been done in the past, but maybe not doable now.  One was the hood above the wood oven, the other was a floor sink at the dish washing station.  Its all very technical, which is why I've hired professionals.  My guess is they were trying to save me money, but the fact is, it is costing me more time and money.  Now the plans need to be redrawn, resubmitted, and re-reviewed.  So, note to self, don't argue with the Marin County Health Department, just give them what they ask for.

These are the little things you don't see coming.  You can hope for the best, hire the best, be the best, but fate will intervene and humble you.  Hopefully these challenges come to make me stronger, more determined and wiser in the end.   They're certainly teaching me patience.  I'm learning to surrender to the journey!

Happy Memorial Day....
Happy 75th Golden Gate Bridge....




No comments:

Post a Comment