Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday.....

Monday.... I'm finding Monday sets the tone for the week.  It's hit the ground running, anything left over from Friday gets moved to the top of the pile and a plan for the week is set.  This week it was follow up on the store front drama, and I got a letter back from the ABC with more demands.  The good news is its all fairly simple.

The ABC wants proof of all my funds, investors, loans & gifts. That's just paperwork. They do want a more detailed plan for the outdoor eating area and it seems as though the one we submitted is unacceptable.  She's going to visit the site this week for review.  The good news is the woman is very nice, and seems genuinely helpful.  It seems like if I just keep the attitude of "how can we make it work", she'll let me know and it'll be a lot easier.

The next good news was that my architect, the diplomat, was able to convince the architects over the center to approve our store front.   After hearing our concept, and hearing all Bill's arguments for, we were able to get the go ahead with just a minor addition of lighting, which is a good idea.  One fire quenched only to have another flare up with the city planning.  Seems what the Landlords people submitted for their portion of the work wasn't sufficient and they want full drawings, which isn't OUR department.  Again, Bill to the rescue!  Let's hope they can work things out with the city.  Each time they want something new its Cha-ching!

Lots of calls to try and get my estimates in.  Calls to line-up new appointments.  Got a quick lesson in payroll services and I've got one more company to talk to before I have to make a decision and I've got some time.  I'm trying to get as many of these details nailed down before I've got a building permit in hand, that's when the fun will start and I'll be running like a chicken with my head cut off!

I reconnected with my dear friend Beth Casey tonight, we had dinner together.  She's a like-minded, kick back to old school hospitality.  She's a woman who's passion is to serve people and build community in the most creative and fun way possible.  We had a great time just tossing around ideas and commiserating on the breakdown of social graces, she's an inspiring woman!

Di Matteo, Naples
I'll leave you with my favorite pie from my trip to Naples.  It's surely going on the menu and I hope you like it as much as I do.  Tomato sauce, black olives, garlic, basil, and preserved tuna, delicious!  What do you think?  I can't wait to be able to make these pies for you!

Ciao.....

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm Mangia buono, I can SMELL it from here !! Can't wait...
    You will save me a trip to Napoli !
    How you holding up ????

    Chuck & jan Tumminia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! A community food trip to Napoli. We'll put a small, intimate, little tour together and peeps can sign up. They might have to take a "fun test" first..... Hahaha, LOL! Who's in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in :::---- )))))

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete