Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

The guys putting up the hood
Despite having a real bad day yesterday, there are many wonderful pieces coming together.   This is were faith and optimism must conquer doubt and fear.

Monday was going along marvelously.... I met with Douglas and we got a lot of work done on purchasing, menu final, and he brought me a sample of some knock out meat balls, Gluten-free!  I'm pushing for lots of things on the menu for my GF buddies.  How simple to make meatballs with risotto as the filler!  You could even fry them with rice flour.  Yummy, you'd never know if I didn't tell you.  We'll put the recipe on when they are perfected.

Anyway, my friend Colleen gave me the name of this Frenchman who sells the most beautiful olive wood bowls and platters out of his van.  He pulled up to Pizzalina, opened up his doors and we bought some amazing boards for our antipasti platters.  And he threw in some spoons for Douglas and me.  We'll be buying more!

Then the banquette was delivered.  It turned out great, but we had to have it delivered to my house until its ready to go in.  Its going to look beautiful in the space.

Yesterday was a double drink day!  I've got about 3 people doing key jobs that swore they could do X-Y-&-Z, but it ain't happening.  Maybe some of them will pull through in the final hour, but things are getting too close to not see any real action.  Then its too late to find someone else, you gotta zig and zag to get it done, come up with a plan "B".  And, being the type "A" person I am, my anxiety goes through the roof.  Then I applied for my resellers permit, they want $10,000. deposit!  Like I've got that kind of money to let them hold.  Hell, they still won't give me back the $2,000 they owe me (another story).  Then I got my bank statement, bla, bla, bla..... suffice to say, I was on the verge of going back to bed and having a good cry all day!  I pressed on through my day and went and had a wonderful dinner at Picco with my son.  They have the BEST barrel-aged Negroni!  That pretty much took care of things.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment