Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome to my restaurant to be.....

Why is the first post so daunting?  But here she is, my restaurant to be.  The old Round Table Pizza in the Red Hill Shopping Center, San Anselmo, CA.  I said I would wait to do this blog until I signed a lease, and well, yesterday the final "i" was dotted and "t" crossed. Now it's full steam ahead.  So much has led me to this moment and I will get around to the whole story in time. Suffice it to say, it's been a long time coming. After 3 years of searching for the right location and 6 offers that fell through for one reason or another (ahhh, and we know how that works), I finally have a great lease, a great landlord and a fantastic location. 

So, after a big pow-wow with the landlord, his assistants, my architect & contractor yesterday, we are now finalizing all the build out specifics with the kitchen designer so they can put the entire set of plans together and submit to all the various agencies. OMG, too many to name! But then my check list is longer still! 

Last night I couldn't sleep, it was a mixture of excitement and fear, otherwise known as  anxiety! Its like an electrical current rushing through my veins. I'll need to learn to channel it for my good and schedule my time wisely, including rest!  I pray everyday for wisdom and guidance, courage, strength and peace, and that my little neighborhood pizzeria be a blessing to everyone who enters its doors.  

I envision a modern day watering hole, a place where friends and family can gather together and find joy in the act of eating together.  Where they will always find food and wines that are prepared by hand with love and care, and that are grown locally and organically as much as possible.  A place where people want to come back again and again because it feels like home.  Where the crackling logs in the wood-fired oven beckon with the aroma of rising yeast, tomato and bubbling cheese.  Where the sound of laughter fills the air and you can find sanctuary in the simple act of dining out.

So.... stay tuned for more. There will be before and after pictures, funny antidotes, hair pulling rants, praise, prayer & swearing (not necessarily in that order); recipes, invitations and special gifts.  Pass this post along to all your friends who will want to be in the loop and have them subscribe.  I welcome all comments, suggestions, feedback, encouragement (especially), brilliant ideas, pitfalls to lookout for.  See ya'll on opening day! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow wo congrats lady! I know it will be a big success! Please do not forget to invite me to the grand opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you will be! Miss you, hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so exciting, especially since I remember the first day of your long journey. You go girl, it is going to be a beautiful success. I am with you all the way as is my whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! You've been such a huge support, love you!

      Delete