Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thank God for Pizzeria Picco!

Flour everywhere!
So I've spent the last 2 days doing lots of paper work... filling out the forms for my beer & wine license, engineering proposals, talking with the Ross Valley Sewer District, San Anselmo Planning Department, sourcing equipment & tiles, lighting, artisans, going over equipment spec sheets, loan papers, and nothing ever goes as quickly as you think..... my head hurts.  

Thank God I got to make pizzas at Pizzeria Picco tonight! It feels so good to get my hands in the dough.  To be busy, to hear the sounds of people happily eating, sharing their day,  laughing.  Oh the joy a restaurant brings.  Ah yes, this is why I'm doing it.  I think I'm addicted to the excitement of it all.  The theater, the rush of working hard and watching the fruits of your labor bring such enjoyment.  Feeding people is a noble profession.  


Josh Klein, my contractor (thank you chef Bruce Hill) came in tonight with his beautiful wife and magical 1 year old daughter, Bevona.  They dined al fresco on a cold but beautiful spring evening, eating leisurely and bundled up.  So Italian!  I can't wait until he can come to my place and eat like that!  I wish I would've thought to take a picture of them looking so lovely, but we got slammed tonight and it was all I could do to keep up with the orders, another time.  Thank you Picco for nurturing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment